Banks Elementary cultivates strong individuals that engage in nature and learn how to be part of a pack, which harkens back to the bobcat, Banks’ school mascot.
At Banks, we emphasize the positive traits of the bobcat, who is independent, yet family-oriented. Our teachers furnish expectations by sharing goals and objectives in order to help explain how each lesson builds toward those goals. When our parents join our Banks Bobcat Pack, they regularly meet with teachers in order to stay involved.
Located in the Tucson Mountains just south of Saguaro National Park, Banks incorporates the outdoors into multiple facets of the student experience. Representatives from Kitt Peak make frequent visits for stargazing nights, fourth- and fifth-graders participate in a sleepover at the Cooper Center for Environmental Learning and Banks even hosts two teams in the Girls on the Run program!
* Quarter 1 Progress Reports will be available to view on your Parent Vue on Wednesday, October 13. Paper copies will no longer be sent home.
* Fall Break - No School October 11-15
* Fire Prevention Week - Parents, we encourage you to watch this video with your kids!
* Grading Day October 8 - no class for students
* Cross Country practice October 7, 3:20 - 4:00
* Walk and Roll to School Day October 7 - students will be dropped off at Lead Flower and Bopp Road and walk or ride bike/scooter to school. Staff supervision will be posted along the route - starts at 8:00 a.m.
* Spirit Week October 4-7 (Monday PJ's, Tuesday Sports, Wednesday Crazy Hair, Thursday Hats)
* Student Meals / Family ResourcesFollow link for information for information on resources. You may also call all our Southwest Resource Center at 908-3980 for more information, or contact counselor Ashley Hult by email.
* Click on CALENDAR for everything happening at Banks Elementary!
* After-School Program and Tuition Based-Preschool - currently closed
Contact Andrea Hudson by email for more information
* Accepting interest forms for the inclusive preschool program room 156 For more information, contact Celina Robles by email, or contact Mary Torres by email. Classes are currently being held in-person.
* Parent-Vue - sign up today!